Author Topic: The Roosevelt Family Connection to West Orange  (Read 2103 times)

Offline JosephFagan

The Roosevelt Family Connection to West Orange
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to once again remind everyone and personally invite all those who can attend to an upcoming historical presentation at the West Orange Public Library.

This free program open to the public will be on Thursday November 21 at 7:00PM.

It is entitled The Roosevelt Family Connection to West Orange. As always it will be a highly graphic power point presentation lasting about an hour.
It will explore the all but forgotten deep rooted connection of the Roosevelt Family who lived in West Orange from 1892 until 1911. Most of the events of two former presidents have been played out on a national stage. But I have left no stone unturned from visiting Harvard University to the shores of Normandy in France in doing research to show in great detail how West Orange played a important role.

Although a town school bears the name the West Orange Roosevelt legacy mostly hides in plain view today. The program also symbolically digs up long buried facts from a West Orange graveyard to examine the controversy that existed in 1932 when the new Junior High School in town was named. It will also show the Roosevelt connection to a surviving local church is likely overlooked by most residents.

Please consider joining me for this free program open to the public on Thursday November 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM at the West Orange Public Library. It will be an fascinating glimpse into a mostly misunderstood chapter of forgotten West Orange history. Although admission is free but seating could be limited so please call the West Orange Public Library at (973) 736 0198 to reserve a seat.